Wolf Tooth Components 32T Elliptical 104 BCD Chainrings
Wolf Tooth Chainring
Elliptical 104 BCD Chainrings
More power? Check. Better traction? Definitely. Less shifting? Yup. Funky uneven pedal stroke? Not with Wolf Tooth’s PowerTrac Elliptical™ (PTE) chainrings. Our proprietary design means a slightly less ovalized ring (10%) with less aggressive timing (112°) than competitors’ versions; any change to your pedal stroke is unnoticeable for most riders, but they still provide the POWER and TRACTION benefits inherent to oval chainrings. Click HERE for detailed information on our PTE technology.
It’s like having two chainrings in one! With PowerTrac Elliptical rings, the larger-diameter section of the ring engages with the chain at the optimal point on the downstroke, or “Power Zone,” – between 1-5 and 7-11 on a clock face – to take advantage of your body’s natural biomechanical POWER: For example, during this section, a PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 36t round ring. Similarly in the “Recovery Zone” (11-1 and 5-7), the smaller section on the PTE ring engages, maximizing EFFICIENCY in the weakest part of the pedal stroke; here the PTE 34t ring is equivalent to a 32t round ring.
Additionally, the above provides a smoother, more efficient pedal rotation, which means better TRACTION. Steadier torque on the rear wheel means less spinning out in the “Power Zone,” while pedaling is easier during the “Recovery Zone,” so you maintain momentum.
Check out this podcast for a simple explanation of PowerTrac Elliptical ring benefits:
- These rings fit any 104 BCD crankset, and here are instructions on how to measure your BCD.
- For 1x9, 1x10, 1x11 and 1x12 drivetrains (including SRAM Eagle)
- Compatible with all 10, 11, and 12 speed chains (Including SRAM Eagle)
- If using a 9 speed drivetrain use a 10 speed chain (shifts and works well on a 9 speed drivetrain and fits the ring tighter for better chain retention).
- Quarq power meter compatible with sizes 34t and 36t. Filing required for 32t fitment onto Quarq.
If you need a ring smaller than 32t (smallest that fits on a 104 BCD), checkout out our 64 BCD elliptical chainrings that will mount to your "small ring" postion.
Chainring bolts that are optimized for 1x
- All sizes of our elliptical 104 BCD chainrings have threaded standoffs like our round 104 x 30t. Our 10mm bolts are optimized for mounting this ring and/or this ring with our perfectly sized and matching bashring.
Our 104 BCD bashrings are optimized for use with our 104 and 64 BCD rings
Check out all their Products
We Also Recommend